Monday, September 21, 2015

Making plans for after his mission...

Hello Everyone!!!

So this week was really interesting because on Wednesday i had a sit down interview with President Stoker about my plans for when i get home! It was a really fun interview that lasted over an hour! We talked about my goals and plans for after the mission and college and dating and girls and surfing and jobs and what i should expect for when i get home. I really enjoyed the interview. I would change one thing though, I wish i had this interview next week because now that i know all that i need to do after my mission i have had a harder time staying focused on the mission and all that i need to do. But overall i am staying really focused and im pumped for the remainder of my mission. (2 weeks)

On exchange with Elder Millett in Sanford, ME
This week i was able to go on an exchange up to Sanford Maine. That place isnt one i want to live in for the rest of my life because it has nothing to offer me, but it is a nice little town. While there we had alot of appointments cancel on us, so we spent a good amount of the day walking around handing out pictures of Jesus to people haha. Some people called us Jesus Freaks but thats okay.


He had banana bread for breakfast... his favorite!
A nice sunset in Sanford, ME




I found 2 really really good quotes this week that i want to share with you.

"Use what talents you possess. the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke

"Diligence is the mother of good fortune, and God gives abundantly to industry. So plow deep while the sluggards sleep, and you shall have corn to sell and to keep" -Benjamin Franklin

Those are some great words of wisdom to me since im in my last legs as a missionary. I hope to push hard and plow deep as Benjamin told me to do. I know that working hard has blessed my life so far so why should i stop when it gets closer to the end?

This week wasnt successful in terms of finding anyone new to teach but we did put forth efforts. We street contacted, tried to hold a church tour, Tracted, visited members to seek for neighbors to visit or help, served at a food pantry and asked people if they want to learn more about our Beliefs in Jesus. So if i were to rate ourselves. i would be proud to say we are trying hard.

This week we hope to find at least 1 new person to teach! WERE TRYING!!!!!

This is a meal made with Quinoa pasta, looks healthy!
His failed attempt at cinnamon rolls...! Bummer!

A list of all of his areas & companions, plus the elders he's gone on exchanges with...  Wow!  Lots of people!

OK, that's it for this week!

All smiles,
Elder Dahlberg


No comments:

Post a Comment