Wednesday, August 26, 2015

FINAL TRANSFER!!


I am getting transferred after 6 months in Bedford, New Hampshire. I will be serving as a Zone Leader and Follow Up trainer. So i don't really know where im going but wherever i go for my last 6 weeks as a missionary here in the New Hampshire Manchester Mission i will work hard and do my best!!!   {Day after transfers... I now know that he went to Exeter, NH, which is not only not far from the mission home, but only 11 miles from the "beach" he mentioned in earlier emails...  Since it is so close to the mission home, I suggest you just send any actual letters to the mission home address, and you might get through faster with his email address...}  



This week in the mission i spent some time in the boonies of New Hampshire. In a small town called Barnstead. I was there on exchange and we were tracting houses and had no success. This day was the low light of my week. Sadly no one was interested and it seemed like no matter how much faith we had, every door would prove otherwise. It reminded me of a scripture in D&C 29:39 "And it must needs be that the devil should tempt the children of men, or they could not be agents unto themselves; for if they never should have bitter they could not know the sweet. "
So i was getting used to the bitter. And i totally know the sweet now.

Some sweet things this week were, We had 4 investigators come to church. Lisa and her 19 year old son Jonathan, Tyler D****, and Joan B****. They are all great people and i can see that they are making progress in their personal relationships with God. I do like that part of my job. Being a helper for others. I don't have to worry about myself, I can focus on their needs and what i can do in my life to help them. It helps me understand the principles of Diligence and Sacrifice and Patience. I cant forget patience.

I will miss this area, and all the wonderful people that i met here. I was thinking about this exact thing last night. I will miss New England and the people here. I remember in the beginning of my mission i was the opposite. I couldn't wait to leave and go back home to California. (Although i still hate the winters here haha) I have met so many friends and people that i want to remember and want to continue to keep in contact after my mission. I am making so many memories out here that i know i will remember for the rest of my life.

I will attach pictures of people i came close too while being here. (these pictures are only about half of the people i came to really appreciate)
Sister Meader
Br. Whitney
Chase Hughes
Jason Stockwell (from Ascutney)

Tyler D.

The McGurn Family
The Spencer family


This is a wood stove. EVERY HOUSE in New England has one of these to keep it warm during the freezing winters.

  

 Still clowning around...








We went mini golfing and i wore a clown nose the whole time. :)

why not right?

All smiles!

Elder Dahlberg

No comments:

Post a Comment