Monday, October 13, 2014

He has been on his mission for 1 year already!!


This week flew by. It came and went so fast. We did a lot of work this week and I will try and do a new format this week so hopefully you will like it. (Mom tell me if this is better than the older format.)
Mon- After doing emails and getting Subway which is given to us for free because a member owns it, we went to a park nick-named HobbitLand. It's called that because it looks like Lord of the Rings was filmed there and there is a specific spot that looks very similar to a part in the movie. I didn't care all that much for that part of it. I took advantage of being out in the forest in the fall. SO i got some of those awesome fall pictures. I also received the mini package from my family on that day.

Tuesday- We went over to the Gove's (member) for lunch and had burgers that tasted surprisingly a lot like In n Out burger. While out in the boonies of Maine we were Less-Active hunting and we came across one who only wanted to feed us. So they told us that they would order us pizza for dinner and turned out that they did. Nice people. We also helped an 80 year old man fix the belt on his lawn mower and it turned out that he had a belt one size too big and one size too small, so that was pretty funny to find out after all the hard work. This is the day when I realized it's time to change out of the short sleeves and start wearing a small jacket, because it's starting to get cold.

Wednesday- We had district meeting and for the lunch part of it Mary and Tony Youland came up from Woolwich, Maine and visited me and gave me an apple pie, my big winter coat that I strategically left with them and they took us out to McDonald's for lunch. That was so nice to see them again and talk with them. I know that won't be the last time I hear from or see them.

Elder Dahlberg's Mom away from home...  Sister Youland!!

     We also had an unexpected lesson with our investigator Gretchen. That was our only other lesson this week. But we talked to her a lot about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how we believe everyone will be resurrected again after we die. And we mean everyone. Her dad was in the room and he was VERY knowledgeable about religion and he kept trying to bash us and tell us how we have it all wrong.  I did NOT bash with him because I hate bashing. That's not good to do and missionaries always brag about how they bashed this past week. I'm not like that. I told him that we believe in the same God and that when this life is over, He will know where we will be happiest and HE WILL BE JUST. He agreed 100% and we ended the lesson on good terms.

Thursday- THIS IS MY HUMP DAY!  I officially was out on my mission for a year on this day. I opened the mini package that I was sent by my family and it had tons of letters in it and pictures and oh man that just did what a snickers bar does in the commercials. We did service this day for an elderly woman and we helped mow her lawn and sweep millions of pine needles off of her lawn. 2 hours of raking up pine needles. My shoulders were sore after that! A member of our ward was tipped off by my sneaky companion Elder Martineau that it was my year mark and she brought me a cake. I got to blow the one candle out, and I chose to do it with my nose haha. Needless to say that wasn't the best idea because something came out of it and landed on the cake. But no one saw so I just didn't say anything hahahahaha!   (Ewww, gross!!)



Friday- We had a coordination meeting with our new Bishop and got our areas all squared away and we all got on the same page. We learned that he worked as a manager of the business side of the Boston Red Sox and he worked for the Church and was in charge of the finances of the MTC's and all the BYU's . SO he was a pretty big head honcho. We also went and did service at a food pantry and we came in at the perfect time. All of the normal volunteers weren't there so we were put to were work to say the least.

Saturday- We helped put in windows at the local Christian church and then they fed us pizza after. (We got pizza a lot this week) I got to talk one on one with their pastor and that was a really good conversation. We both talked about the Bible and how it's God's word spoken through his servants on earth the prophets.

     We also did a 10 mile walk this day. We walked all the way to 47 Adams Lane in West Gardiner. If you Google earth it you will see how far away it is from 273 Water street (our apartment) On the way we looked for people to talk to but all we got were "I'm all set" and invitations to drink beer and go to a strip club haha.. Oh man, people these days. But on the bright side, someone driving by us on the road saw us and then saw the Augusta Elders in Augusta out in a restaurant and he decided to pay for their meal because he likes what we do and wanted to support us. So we get the beatings while they get the blessings? I guess that's fair.



Sunday- It was fast and testimony meeting and the Tarbox's got up and talked about "Meet the Mormons" and how good of a movie it was. They encouraged everyone to at least go and watch it because its inspiring for everyone, non Mormons included. We went Less-Active Hunting again after church and it was a super success!!! 2 of them answered the door nicely and invited us in. THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!! We got return appointments with both of them this week and were so excited to go by and talk with them. One of them is a county sheriff and is a very avid hunter. He showed us around his man cave which was full of guns. 50+ guns and handguns were even laying on the floor in the corner because he didn't have any room for them. On the walls were Deer heads, Bear Pelts, and 2 GIANT Moose Heads. 900 lb moose. Those heads were as big as my entire body pretty much. SO COOL!

This week went by so fast and honestly today I was like "Whoa... its P-day already." Usually I look forward to P-day and I'm excited to do emails because I want the uplift, but this week I was totally uplifted already. So I just got a huge boost for this upcoming week. I hope all goes well and I look forward to hearing from you next Monday!!

All Smiles,
Elder Dahlberg

P.S.  If you're wondering whether or not I'm enjoying my mission... I love it :)

Playing Wolverine with his "Ants on a Log"...


This was on Saturday at a street event right outside our apartment called Swein Stein. That's the most people I've seen since being home haha seriously!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment